We went out on New Years Eve but not until late and that gave me some time to build the WordPress template. I’ve built quite a few since Version 3 came out in the middle of 2010 and I’m getting quicker at translating my layouts into a working template.
With the template done I installed the latest version of WP into the root directory and adjusted the settings to reflect the new home and everything is now working.
I have spent a fair chunk of new years day going through my posts and updating the photographs as I intend to delete the current Plogger system. I have now completed all posts up to the beginning of 2007 but seeing as the vast bulk of my blogging was prior to 2006 I still have a long way to go.
I’m essentially going backwards through my posts and correcting links and images as I find errors but as my permalink structure is now how I’m intending it to remain I can continue to update and add new posts.
I don’t expect to be blogging with the frequency that I was doing 6 or 7 years ago, those days have passed, given way to social networking media such as Facebook and Twitter, but I would like to continue my earlier goal of compiling my photography.